Speaking with a hotel waitress recently she mentioned that between her and her husband they were running three businesses, she was also holding the position of a waitress and had two children. Another electrician I was speaking to said it this way – “some weeks I have a heart for what I do, other weeks I’m just not sure.” He was struggling to build his business.
Here are some keys for ascertaining the best way forward…
- What really lights your fire? What do you love to do?
- In what areas – skills and abilities do you excel at?
- What have you been successful at in the past?
- Who in the market place will need and pay for your services?
- What do you need to stop doing?
- What isn’t adding value to your life and to your clients?
If you get this simple alignment it will assist in driving you wholeheartedly into a future whereby you love what you do, provide exceptional value to others with the addition of getting paid well for that value