In our attempts to promote growth, expanding our brand and presence, some of the basics of business get neglected. Take these for example:
- Treating our people purely as workers not as valuable assets
- Not returning phone calls in a timely manner (as per the customers sense of timeliness)
- Communicating when you will complete a service or have delivery of a product and then not communicating when there is a delay
- Not keeping the customer in the progress loop
- Consistent lateness or cancellations of appointments
If you have happy staff, that happiness factor will overflow to customers. If you then keep your current customers and key prospects at the centre of your attention, doing what you say you will do and communicating when things change you will find your business will more likely grow intrinsically and word of mouth business will come your way.
Doing the basics well is not rocket science