As the economy is starting to feebly fire back to life, there is gold to be discovered by those with a keen eye and courageous spirit. Some of that gold is in plain sight but some won’t be found unless we do the work of prospecting for it. Now is the time to be strategically rethinking and potentially, redesigning our future.
Some of the pertinent questions to be asking right now are:
- What are the key things we have learned in lockdown?
- What have we implemented throughout this period that should remain?
- What is truly essential and what has shown itself to be redundant?
- What products/services will serve us best in the next 1-2 years?
- Which markets should we focus on and what are those we should let go of?
- Where are the high potential revenue streams?
- What is our strategic enabler, our driving force?
- As the economy rebounds, how can we strategically position ourselves for high profitability?
The above are strategic questions that provide a framework for your organisation’s direction and decision-making toward an ideal future state.
From the rear-view mirror of the last couple of months, there is potential future gold ahead if we look for it.